Saturday, April 9, 2011

Holding Fast and Pressing On Through Encouragement

    I have not written much lately,  God has used the last 2 months to re-focus my energy in the areas where He is leading.  I began the month of February teaching a group of ladies at our local church "Lord, I Need Grace to Make it Today." I also sent Randy off to San Diego for 6 weeks.  I can not believe the last 6 weeks has ended.  It has been a fun and encouraging time.
View of the ocean in Santa Barbara, CA
     The end of February I went with the Women's Council from Immanuel on a Retreat in Santa Barbara where we discussed God's direction.  It was a beautiful place, with great company and was just the refreshment I needed. It is encouraging to be with women who love the Lord and other women. 

Kay Arthur and I
      March began with me getting to go to a Precept Leaders meeting in Yorba Linda, CA. I was so happy Shanna went with me, she was such an encouragement.   At this meeting we heard how the Word of God is spreading to more and more countries. Precept Ministries is instituting some changes that will better support leaders.  It was encouraging to hear that there are so many people who are students of God's Word.  At this time Kay honored those who had been teaching Precept classes for 10 to 19 years and those who taught for 20 or more years.  I was in the group honored for teaching Precept for more than 10 years. 
      Later in March our family went on vacation to San Diego.  It was a great time for our family to grow closer and to enjoy time together now that the kids are getting older and doing more things away from home.
Double Rainbow in San Diego
Balboa Park

We got to go to the Zoo, Sea World and the Science Center at Balboa Park.  We enjoyed discussing the blessings and promises of God as we enjoyed His creation.


I ended the month of March with a blessing from a woman at church.  She was unable to use her ticket to see Beth Moore in Fresno so she gave it to me.  I got to go with some wonderful women and enjoy some great teaching.


Beth Moore
Travis Cottrell









Travis Cottrell led the Praise and Worship which was very uplifting.  Beth taught on how we should view the dry spells, the times between the rains.  I will share more about what I learned from Beth in later blogs.
  
This is the last week of Bible Study and then I will spend some time writing and preparing for what God has for me next.  I hope to pass encouragement on to all of you and to be an extension of God's grace. 

Holding Fast and Pressing On,
Teresa

No comments:

Post a Comment